Welcome to the MyNetworkTV, Inc. website at http://www.mynetworktv.com which is owned by MyNetworkTV, Inc. ("MNTV"). This Site is operated by MNTV and materials on the Site are primarily owned or licensed by MNTV. The Site may also include materials owned by third parties and posted on the Site by virtue of a license, grant or some other form of agreement between the third party and MNTV.
Access and Use
All materials contained in this Site are protected by international trademark and copyright laws and must only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. This means that you may only view or download material from this Site for your own use and you must keep all copyright and other proprietary notices attached to the downloaded material. The reproduction, duplication, distribution (including by way of email, facsimile or other electronic means), publication, modification, copying or transmission of material from this Site is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless you have obtained the prior written consent of MNTV or unless it is expressly permitted by this Site. The material covered by this prohibition includes, without limitation, any text, graphics, logos, photographs, audio or video material or stills from audiovisual material available on this Site. The use of materials from this Site on any other web site or networked computer environment is similarly prohibited. Requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials found on this Site can be made by contacting MNTV in writing at MyNetworkTV, Inc., Business & Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 900, Beverly Hills, California 90213, or email at email@example.com.
You are also strictly prohibited from creating works or materials that derive from or are based on the materials contained in this Site including, without limitation, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards and greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the derivative materials are sold, bartered or given away.
Content Posted on the Site
You are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages and other materials (which include uploading files, inputting data or any other materials, "blogging," or engaging in any form of communication in connection with this Site) (collectively "Content") to bulletin boards, chat rooms or other public areas within, or in connection with, this Site (collectively "Forums"). You are solely responsible for such Content. MNTV accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such Content.
MNTV does not endorse and has no control over the Content submitted by others to Forums. Content submitted to Forums is not necessarily reviewed by MNTV prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of MNTV. MNTV makes no warranties, express or implied, as to such Content or its accuracy and reliability. Nonetheless, MNTV reserves the right to prevent you from submitting Content to Forums and to edit, restrict or remove such Content for any reason at any time. MNTV may remove any form of cursing contained in the Content with a MNTV swear filter application if and to the extent you do not otherwise opt out of such filter.
MNTV assumes no responsibility for actively monitoring Forums for inappropriate Content. If, at any time MNTV chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Forums, MNTV nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any Content. In submitting Content to Forums, you agree to strictly limit yourself to discussions about the subject matter for which the Forums are intended. You agree that MNTV accepts no liability whatsoever if it determines to prevent your Content from being submitted or if it edits, restricts or removes your Content. You also agree to permit any other user of this Site to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that other user's personal use and not to restrict or inhibit the use of the Site by any other person.
You agree to release MNTV, its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, officers, directors and shareholders, from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from your use of Forums. If at any time you are not happy with the Forums or object to any material within Forums, your sole remedy is to cease using them.
Please refer to the Rules of Discussion for additional explanation regarding the posting of Content to Forums.
Proprietary Rights in Content Posted on the Site
General. You agree that any Content whatsoever posted by you to the public areas of the Site (excluding blogs) becomes the property of MNTV and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, translated, distributed, publicly performed, displayed or deleted as MNTV sees fit. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on the Site, (ii) your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of any contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content you post on the site.
Blogs. By posting any Content to the blog areas of the Site, you hereby grant to MNTV the non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, and translate such Content. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a back-up or residual copy of the content posted by you to the blog areas of the Site may remain on the MNTV servers after you have removed such Content from the Site, and MNTV retains the rights to those copies. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you to the blog areas of the Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content to the blog areas of the Site does not result in a breach of any contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content you post to the blog areas of the Site
Prohibited Content and/or Activity
You must use the Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Site. MNTV reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Site and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes Content that:
- is obscene, patently offensive, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail" or "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses, including in your Member profile;
- violates the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any other person;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; or
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, solicitation of donations, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Site. MNTV reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Site. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although MNTV cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, MNTV reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which AmericanIdol.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion;
- any automated use of the system;
- attempting to impersonate another User or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on Forums, or any MNTV page via HTML/CSS or any other means; or
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
All MNTV fantasy games and their components are offered for informational and/or entertainment purposes only and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling or wagering.
MNTV and any third parties used to provide the fantasy games will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, such as statistics, rankings, etc., however, neither warrant or make any representations of any kind with respect to the information provided to you. Neither MNTV or any of its providers shall be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
All fantasy games and any related benefits are offered at the discretion of MNTV, and MNTV has the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any fantasy game, whether in whole or in part for any reason, with or without notice to you. You agree that MNTV will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modifications or discontinuance.
If you witness any user activity in any MNTV fantasy game that violates this Agreement or the specific game rules then in effect, please notify us of such activity. MNTV does not guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your notification, but it appreciates your assistance.
MNTV does not knowingly accept unsolicited submissions including, without limitation, submissions of scripts, story lines, articles, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas or concepts. MNTV's policy is to simply delete any such submission without reading it or forwarding it to other MNTV staff. Therefore, any similarity between an unsolicited submission and any elements in any MNTV creative work including, without limitation, a film, series, story, title or concept would be purely coincidental.
If unsolicited submissions are sent to MNTV via this Site, however, these submissions become the property of MNTV and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed, published, displayed or deleted as MNTV sees fit. You agree that you are not entitled to any compensation, credit or notice whatsoever and that by sending an unsolicited submission you waive the right to make any claim against MNTV, its parents or affiliates relating to unsolicited submissions, including, without limitation, unfair competition, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality.
MNTV may, from time to time, post MNTV employment opportunities on the Site and/or invite users to submit resumes to it. If you choose to submit your name, contact information, resume and/or other personal information to MNTV in response to employment listings, you are authorizing MNTV to utilize this information for all lawful and legitimate hiring and employment purposes. MNTV also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to forward the information you submit to its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates for legitimate business purposes. Nothing in this Agreement or contained in the Site shall constitute a promise by MNTV to interview, hire or employ any individual who submits information to it, nor shall anything in this Agreement or contained in the Site constitute a promise that MNTV will review any or all of the information submitted to it by users.
Linked Sites and Advertising
If you are interested in creating hypertext links to this Site, you must contact MyNetworkTV, Inc., Business & Legal Affairs at P.O. Box 900, Beverly Hills, California 90213, or email at DMCA@FOX.com before doing so. In establishing hypertext links, you must not represent in any way, expressly or by implication, that you have received the endorsement, sponsorship or support of this Site or MNTV, including its respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders.
MNTV takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Site, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers.
Disclaimer of Liability and Warranties
While MNTV does its best to ensure the optimal performance of the Site, you agree that you use this Site and rely on material contained in this Site at your own risk.
The Site, and all materials in this Site, are provided "as is" and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, are provided without warranties of any kind either express or implied. This means, without limitation, that MNTV DOES NOT WARRANT that the Site is fit for any particular purpose; that the functions contained in the materials in the Site will be uninterrupted; that defects will be corrected; that the Site is free of viruses and other harmful components or that the Site is accurate, error free or reliable.
You acknowledge that MNTV, its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, ARE NOT LIABLE for any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, viruses, communication line failures or for the theft, destruction, damage or unauthorized access to your computer system or network.
You acknowledge that MNTV is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct or material found in connection with this Site, including such conduct or material transmitted by any means by any other person. You acknowledge that MNTV is not liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, in connection with or arising from your use or from your inability to use the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MNTV, its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all the liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees and costs) arising out of your use of this Site; your failure to use the Site; your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement or your breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties.
MNTV reserves the right to immediately terminate your use of, or access to, this Site at any time if MNTV decides at its sole discretion that you have breached this Agreement or any relevant law, rule or regulation or you have engaged in conduct that MNTV considers to be inappropriate or unacceptable.
MNTV respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. MNTV will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement and reserves the right to remove or disable access to any transmission of Content that infringes the copyright of any person under the laws of the United States upon receipt of a notice that substantially complies with the requirements of 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) as set forth below. MNTV also has a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers and account holders of Company Services who are repeat infringers.
If you believe that any material residing on or linked to from the Site infringes your copyright, you must send MNTV's a written notification of claimed infringement that contains the following information to the Copyright Agent designated below:
- (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Company Services (such as the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material);
- (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an email address;
- (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notification is accurate and a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf; and
- (f) your physical or electronic signature.
MNTV's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be as follows:
Fox Corporation Copyright Agent Address: 2121 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90067 Email: FoxDMCA@fox.com
This contact information is exclusively for the purpose of notifying MNTV of claimed infringement. Please be advised that requests sent to the Copyright Agent for purposes other than communication about copyright claims may not be reviewed or responded to.
If you posted material to Company Services that Company removed due to a notice of claimed infringement from a copyright owner, Company will take reasonable steps promptly to notify you that the material has been removed or disabled. This notice may be by means of a general notice on the Site or Company Service or by written or electronic communication to such address(es) you have provided to Company, if any. You may provide counter-notification in response to such notice in a written communication directed to the Copyright Agent as described above, that includes the following:
- (i) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled; (ii) a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- (iii) your name, address, telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Company may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification requesting the removal or disabling of access to the material or such person's agent; and
- (iv) your physical or electronic signature.
Please note that, under 17 U.S.C. §512(f), any person who knowingly makes material misrepresentations in a notification of claimed infringement or any counter-notification may be liable for damages.
This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
This Agreement is governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California or, if appropriate, the United States District Court for the Central District of California for resolution of any dispute, action or proceeding arising in connection with this Agreement or your use or non-use of the Site, and you further irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any such dispute, action or proceeding.
Copyrights © / Trademarks ™